Thursday, April 10, 2008

Start/stop/start again...

2008, April 10

Installation at my day job hasn’t permitted me to keep up with this blah-g thing so now I’m doing a little catch up.

I’m looking forward to my trip to Zapopan in Jalisco, Mexico in a couple of weeks. I leave the day before my birthday and come back 5 days later. I’ll be in curator mode but will be carrying along my iPod filled with samples of my work to show around as well. I’d love to have a show in Mexico someday.

The show in Milwaukee, WI at Latino Arts Inc. is set for a December 2008 opening. That really isn’t too far away. I hope to have a mix of older and newer works in the show. In particular, I’m looking to include a few new paintings along with the new color wood block prints.

Though things have been moving slowly at the studio I have gotten some things done. I carved and printed two new 3 x 4” color wood block relief prints. I really love the way they’ve turned out and hope to gets some shots up here soon. The canvas that presented an image to me (see my Jan. 22 post) has been started. The image has already morphed into something different but I really like what it can become. The image will be a play on my print “Herencia”. I’ve attempted to paint that image a few times now and I think I finally have the right models and composition/setting.

New inks, paper and a large bolt of canvas are on their way from WA. If everything arrives soon I can stretch and gesso some canvases this weekend.

Things on the horizon: I’ll be self-publishing a book of my images in the somewhat near future. Any suggestions on which images you’d like to see reproduced?

No comments: