Monday, August 31, 2009

Prepping

Lot’s of prepping and less art making. But it’s got to be done.

Delivered prints to a print show in South Bend @ The New Galleries on Lincoln Way West. Delivering prints to Buchanan, MI for an art walk next weekend. Preparing prints for the Art Fair @ The University of Illinois and the National Museum of Mexican Art in Chicago on September 25 and 26 as part of IUPLR’s Siglo XXI Conference.

I’ve been asked to try my hand at some cd art by my friends in the band The Deal With 44. Working on reworking an existing work to meet the bands needs.

Got a great idea on how to display the Earth Dragon Coffin in Nebraska. I’m busy creating modified papier-maché skeletons and gathering the necessary materials for the installation. This weekend I carved arms and legs out of 2x4” pine. I explained the concept to the Lightboy and he gave a little cringe. I asked him if he thought it was a good idea and he wisely answered “You have to do what you feel is right.”

It was a weekend of visits as well. My eldest brother stopped by and was instantly recruited by the boys for a game of baseball and wrestling. One of my youngest sisters and her family came by to visit and see my exhibit at Goshen College as well.



No comments: