Friday, October 9, 2009

This is the end...




El Huesudo is nearly complete. I rubbed him down with paste wax last night and put all the dowels into place to hold him together. The skull is the last element needing finishing. Still some details to carve and maybe a bit of guilding on the skull cap.

I'm set to drive out to Omaha this weekend. The weather forecast is looking crappy - rain and possibly snow. I hate driving in wet.

Making lists and checking them off. Pooling supplies and backing up digital files for my presentations: one on my work and ofrenda installation and another on exhibit design/art handling. Looks like I'll be doing another interview for a local TV station too.

I may be able to display the full "Earth Dragon Suite" of prints pulled from the coffin. Sixteen feet of continuous print on the wall. I may be doing some painting on the wall to further emphasize the altar.

I'm excited about setting everything up. Adam, from the gallery, tells me the wall should be painted and ready for the altar to be set up when I come in on Monday. The exhibit reception is Thursday the 15th at The Metropolitan Community College
Elkhorn Valley Campus (829 North 204th Street). The exhibit runs 10/15 - 11/15/09.

No comments: