Monday, October 27, 2008

October 27


October 27, 2008

It’s getting colder outside and inside the studio too. I’m hoping the landlord kicks the boiler on soon.

I sold a print from the coffin series last week. I turned around and handed the money to the man that came to fix the burned out switch on my home furnace. Some times I feel like I’m living in that Seinfeld episode where Jerry balances out every time Elaine or George come out in the red or black. Balancing is fine but the view down can be a strain on the nerves.

The works are coming along as the deadline nears. I’m starting to concentrate on one painting at a time now. General to specific is leading into the details now.

I’ve also started to think about what prints need framing. I’ll have to pull what’s already framed and start wrapping what I can so as not to have to do everything last minute. The new paintings are going to be last minute. They’ll more than likely be a bit tacky when I load them in the truck on December 1st. I pray for good driving weather since I’ve had to rent a moving truck to get the bigger canvases to Milwaukee.

No comments: