Friday, October 3, 2008

The best laid plans...







October 3, 2008

I’ve been spending much more time in the studio. The paintings are coming along. Though there’s a lot of painting left to do I’m feeling really good about the way this new body of work is coming together.



I’ve spent the last two days making a 1/2” scale model of the gallery space in WI. I want to make sure I have enough work to fill the space while allowing for a decent layout. Call me anal, but I don’t like big surprises when it comes to installing a show, let alone, my own work.

I’m considering leaving the Earth Dragon coffin piece and prints out of the show. The prints take up quite a bit of wall space, are expensive to frame, and although related, vary from the rest of the works enough to disrupt the flow. I’ll have to think more on this.



And on another note:
The (Young) Gods speak:


No comments: