Friday, October 19, 2007

and miles to go before I sleep...


October 19, 2007

Good news today. Apparently, I will be mentioned in the December issue of Spin magazine in conjunction with a Maynard James Keenan interview. Maynard has been my biggest patron of the arts. He owns quite a few of my paintings and prints as well as my wife’s work. The article apparently mentions my painting “Caduceus” and it’s relation to Maynard’s vineyard name.

In other news…

I received an email from my high school art teacher and friend, Sue. She is enjoying her retirement by traveling and building up some inspiration to get to painting. Go Sue! I wish you a happy, inspirational, and safe journey.

Last night I worked on some of the pictures that will be part of the altar at home. I watched my boys play in the yard collecting bugs and climbing trees before putting them to bed. My boys and I listened to the crazy storm front that blew through the area causing much mayhem and damage. I thought it would be a good night away from the studio to catch up on my sleep and rest. I think I awoke more tired than the nights I’ve been working late and my mind was racing with a list of things to do from the moment my eyes opened.

The gallery is painted! The layout is being finalized and I should be able to bring in some of the elements on Monday.

Carving to go
Printing to go
Final video tweeking and burning to go…
...and miles to go before...

No comments: