Monday, October 15, 2007

Cutter



I gave up trying to sharpen my v-tool back to a usable shape and ordered another one on line. My new Flexcut tool came on Friday. I spent the weekend at the studio cutting away at one of the 54” sides. 16+ hours on just one block! I have 4 more to go. One more 54" and the rest significantly smaller. This is taking longer than I thought, however, what I do have cut looks really, really good. I can’t wait to get to the rest of the blocks. I need to be printing by the end of the week. Installation begins on the 22nd and the exhibit opens on the 28th.

I had iTunes playing a music shuffle while I cut and I kept catching myself laughing at the synchronicities happening between what I was cutting and the lyrics to various songs. It made it all feel right.

No comments: