Monday, November 5, 2007

Fall

November 5, 2007

This weekend was slightly more relaxed than I have experienced for the last couple of months. Saturday the family hit the local farmers market for some fresh eggs and hot pretzels. I did some tree pruning and leaf raking while the boys and pals played in the yard (and busted through my leaf piles). I had to give in to the idea that fall is really here so the window air-conditioner units came down and the storm windows went up.

I love autumn. Maybe it’s the transition aspect that does it for me. Plants are getting ready for sleep, the weather cools off and the sounds of leaves rustling in the wind has a lulling affect. The autumn harvests are colorful and sweet. Some of my favorite memories from childhood involve the fall and trekking through the woods with my cousin, Miguel, and our dogs. We’d get home from school, eat a quick meal and head out until sundown.

In the studio:

I’ve had a few people contact me through the blah-g and Myspace expressing interest in exhibiting my work. This is very good though I feel like I need to create a whole new body of work. I had intended to start in on some new paintings after the Dia de los Muertos ofrenda was up. My painting has taken a back seat to printing recently and it is high time I get back to the brushes, however, an image I created months ago has been selected for an obesity awareness project. This means it is back to screen printing until I can deliver this edition. So the brushes will have to wait a bit longer.

No comments: