Friday, March 7, 2008

"Touch Down" for Caduceus.org



“Touch Down”
2007, chiaroscuro wood block relief print
4” x 3”
limited edition of 5 prints
5 variable colors

My friend Maynard James Keenan has chosen to use the image of my print “Touch Down” as a t-shirt design for his vineyard, Caduceus. The shirts are available at his Puscifer.com web-store (look under “Drones Limited Run”). The prints from which the image is taken are available for sale from my website: RamiroRodriguez.com.

The image is from one of those oddball doodles created during some staff meeting. The image didn’t seem to have a place in any series until I decided to do the small color relief prints just for those types to get a home. It’s a pretty simple idea, playing on a mishmash of two mythic Greek characters Hermes and Achilles. You can see where my head is really at during a staff meeting when my idea of a joke is: A god coming in for a landing on earth and pricking himself on a tack.

No comments: