Thursday, October 25, 2007

2

October 25, 2007

Three wise people came to visit yesterday. They brought gifts. My parents and aunt arrived in the morning with some elements for the ofrenda, paper flowers, pictures, and some needlework. Mostly they came to show support. I love those people.

Since a few of my great grandparents were beekeepers it is only fitting that I have…hives. I tend to break out when under stress it seems. This happened before when I was in Austin trying to create a full edition of prints in five days at Coronado Studio. I’m breathing through it all trying to remain calm drinking my nettle and peppermint teas.

This morning I checked on the drying progress of the ink on the coffin panels/print blocks. They still feel a bit tacky but I am going to have to go ahead and start gluing them together. The prints are dry enough to start handling and hanging. I’ve discovered another flaw in my grand plan: the wall on which the long string of prints is to hang has a fire exit door in it. Now I thought I had measured right and the prints would end at the doorframe. However, I had forgotten that I wanted to bookend the piece with the same image on each end to emphasize the continuous/ouroboros nature of the print. This means the last 14” section would hang over the door seam and therefore be in peril of being ripped through if someone used the door. So, on to plan B, which is to leave the last section at the extreme left loose to stick to the door and start the rest at the doorjamb.

So on I go to retrieve and hang prints and to piece together my wet wood.

No comments: