Tuesday, October 16, 2007

painting, cutting, panting...


Yesterday I got one of the colors for the gallery walls. It’s a nice “Mayan” aqua green. Two opposing walls will have that color and the third wall will have a red orange feel. Since exhibition installation is part of my day job I also have the privilege of painting the walls myself…
Yesterday I got closer to a final edit on the family conversation/history video. Rather than project, as I once had planned, I’m going to have the dvd run on a monitor above the altar. This cleans up much of the space that would have been needed for the projector mount, dvd player and sound system.
It was another late night at the studio after a run around the lawn and tree climbing with my boyos. I have most of three blocks carved with three to go …Oh! And the lid to the coffin…yikes! Make that more like 5. Last night the Woman lit by Butterflies (sorry Jim Harrison) came along quite nicely. If the print looks half as good as the wood block she’s gonna be a beauty.

I’ll post some pics when I get a chance to breathe.

No comments: