Thursday, October 18, 2007

Getting there



October 18, 2007

This morning I’m running on auto pilot…and still haven’t had my coffee.

I did more carving last night. I’m working on the companion piece to the Butterfly woman and there is still one element that is missing. Usually when working on a piece there is a point, either at the sketch stage or during the process, when all the elements fall together and the image just zings. The emerging man hasn’t reached that point but I trust that he will get there.

The gallery painting went well. I decided to paint another wall with a bright complimentary orange to play off the Mayan blue green. I had left the door on the left hand side the original grey but late in the day I decided to paint it over as well. That should be the last thing before I start bringing in the other elements to set up. The coffin and prints will be the last in the door and on the wall.

The video test was burned yesterday and today I will set up the monitor and see how it runs.

Things are coming along.

1 comment:

JW said...

Ramiro, this looks really great!
I love it!
I can't wait to see the finished piece.