Wednesday, October 24, 2007

3

October 24, 2007 (Happy Birthday to my lovely L)


I’m running on 3 hours sleep this morning. It was a late night in the ND print lab. Thanks to Jean for allowing me to use the lab while classes are on break. Extra special thanks to Steve F. for coming in to help me pull the 54” long prints. I don’t know how I would have done those alone.

Best thing about printing for ten hours: having the prints and having another check mark on my list of things to do. Also, it was great to have another person there, especially a knowledgeable printmaker. It was doubly great because Steve is a musician and music lover as well. We had running commentary and conversation over the “classic” rock station music coming in on the lab’s busted radio.
Worst thing about printing for ten hours: knowing that I had to live with the best I could get from that night’s printing with the impending deadline.
Very worst thing about printing ten hours: not having my own music or a cd player to listen to. I cannot work without music. I had brought along a cache of cds because I remembered the lab had a cd player. When I got there I got the news that the cd player had been stolen. My only alternative was a "classic" rock station that came in on the decrepid radio in the corner. I hate radio and “classic” rock stations especially…ugh! At least I could tell how many hours were going by as each cycle of, the same bands but different "hits," came around.

The prints look pretty good in the pthalo green ink. The blocks/coffin panels look amazing in the green. The earth dragon sarcophagus is going to look amazing. Next step is to wait for the ink to dry enough for me to put the pieces together and install the coffin. The prints need to dry as well so that I can scab them together to make up the dragon’s body.

Pics coming when I have some time to get some.

No comments: